We LOVE these healthy protein bars! My husband takes them to work and it gives him that extra mid-afternoon energy. This 9x13in dish of protein bars is packed with 120g of Protein.
* 1 cup instant Shaklee protein (Shaklee vanilla protein works too)
* 1 1/2 cups oats
* 1 cup almonds/walnuts, chopped
* 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
* 1/4 - 1/3 cup ground flax seed
* 1 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
* 2/3 cup agave (or raw honey)
* 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside. Heat agave on a stove until it starts to come to a boil. Remove from heat immediately so it doesn't burn and add peanut butter and vanilla extract. Stir until peanut butter is nice and smooth.
Add the peanut butter/agave mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir ingredients together until they stick. If mixture seems too dry, add extra peanut butter or agave.
Press mixture into a 9x13in glass dish. We like to melt some dark chocolate chips and spread the melted chocolate on top of the bars. Refrigerate and cool. Cut into squares and enjoy!
Hope you enjoy this healthy, protein packed snack!