Our family loves these delicious banana chocolate chip muffins! I recently revised this recipe to make it healthier yet still taste good :) Enjoy!
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup Shaklee Instant Protein (all natural & non-GMO)*
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup organic ground flaxseed
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 2 Tbsp. organic cane sugar
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp. milk
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- dark chocolate chips (optional)
Combine flour, protein, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and flaxseed. In a large bowl, beat egg, oil, sugar, milk and mashed bananas. Gradually add dry ingredients and stir until just blended. Mix in desired amount of dark chocolate chips.
Line muffin tins with large baking cups. I use "If you Care" unbleached, chorine & toxin free baking cups. I found them at my local Whole Foods and Sprouts supermarket and they are amazing! You don't need to use any extra oil and the muffins peel right off without sticking!
Spoon muffin batter into prepared muffin tins and bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes (or until lightly golden brown). Makes about 14-16 muffins.
* I replace 1/2 cup flour with Shaklee's all natural Instant Protein, which adds 64g of healthy protein and cuts down on carbohydrates. If you wish to omit the protein, use 1 1/2 cups flour.